Parent-Child ADHD Groups
Are you looking for a way to bring peace and harmony to your household? Do you see your child struggling with symptoms of ADHD or other executive functioning difficulties? Do you want to help but don’t know what to do? Now you and your child can explore how your child thinks and learns in a fun, safe, and supportive environment.
Throughout these sessions, you and your child will learn about executive functions. These are the higher-order thinking skills that are most impacted by ADHD and other disorders, and are housed in the frontal lobes of the brain. Executive functions include: metacognition, planning/prioritizing, organization, sustained attention, goal-directed persistence, flexibility, response inhibition, working memory, time management, task initiation and controlling emotions. Each executive function shapes how we integrate information from our world, process that information, respond to it or inhibit a response, and plan what to do with it. When executive functions are impacted, most every area of an individual’s life is also impacted.
You will come away from this course with an understanding of how your child’s brain works, as well as your own. Most importantly, practical application of the principles of executive functioning to every day life are explored and practiced.
* Perfect for individuals diagnosed with ADHD and other deficits in executive functioning
* Learn alongside your child
* Helps to resolve conflict between parent and child
* Removes frustration and tension between parent and child
* Helps individuals who have challenges with working memory
* Addresses underlying emotional pain and lack of self-esteem
* Explains the connection between the brain’s executive functions and application to real life
* Develops the metacognitive awareness needed to change behavior
To register: Use the blue button below to contact Dr. Whitfield directly. Please include your child’s age/grade. Dr. Whitfield will contact you.